Wednesday, January 21, 2015

More Portraits


note from Bridget:
Many of us are seeing difficult times this week. After a personal-focus check-in that featured grief, stress, sadness, and "hanging-in-there", I'm not surprised today's photographic self-portraits captured the full range of emotions and the complex personalities of these young artists.
(I'll save the rest for our ART SHOW in May!! They are amazing!)

When not arranging their shot with the camera and lights, I let the crew listen to music and do whatever art they wanted, encouraging them to get their feelings out on the page if that worked for them. There were some goofy doodles, dark abstracts, focused sketches... and dancing around, and some singing. I'm really lucky to have the freedom to give the kids what they need (not what *I* want them to do/achieve). 
I humbly suggest we arm every middle school kid with a sketchbook, a pencil, and some headphones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment